2009 Knitting ResolutionsJanuary 2, 2009 at 7:18 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | 2 Comments
Last year I made some knitting resolutions. They were:
- Make 4 pair of socks.
- Learn to cable in the first half of 2008.
- Learn to do either intarsia or fair isle, sometime in the second half of 2008.
- Knit at least one item for charity.
- Learn to use dpns, at least do one project with them.
- Knit 5 times a week (would love to knit every day but I think that’s impossible).
- I made 2 complete pairs and one sock that I have no intention of doing the second one. Goal accomplished? 2/4
- I made a mini-messenger bag with cables on the flap of the bag, nothing complicated. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to doing another cable project at some point. Goal accomplished? Yes!
- Have done nothing toward meeting this goal as of yet. Goal accomplished? No!
- I started a wheelchair blanket (it’s smaller than a typical blanket and buttons around the person so it stays on them and doesn’t get caught in the wheels). I plan to donate it to the nursing home where my dad lived his last 2 months. Goal accomplished? In progress
- I had to use DPNs on the felted gift bags I made for my sisters for Christmas, just for the last 4 or 5 round when thy got too small to work with the circular. Goal accomplished? Sort of, I did use double points but my intention was to make a whole project with them. From the little bit I used them I don’t think I like using them very much! So whether or not I ever fully accomplish this goal is up in the air.
- I did fairly well with this goal for the first 3 or 4 months of the year but then my dad got sick and passed away and immediately after that summer hit and then the holidays and I’m just too busy or tired many days. The past month I’ve knit once a week or less. MUST.CHANGE.THAT. Goal accomplished? No, sigh.
So now for this year’s goals. They are taken directly from my 101 Things List. I am listing them as they are written for that list – I don’t have to finish everything on that list until May of 2011, so I won’t totally complete most of these goals. But my goal IS to at least make some decent progress on all of them. They are:
- Learn 2 color knitting.
- Knit 10 pair of socks.
- Knit 3 items for charity.
- Take a how to knit a sweater class and finish one sweater.
- Knit something from each of the 5 knitting books I owned when I initially made my 101 Things list.
- Knit 10 projects from my 2008 Knitting Pattern a Day calendar.
- Teach someone to knit.
- Organize my knitting patterns binder.